Monday, November 11, 2013

Dancing, Eating, and Little Black Cats

Hej alle!
So sorry that it has been so long since I've updated my blog, but I have been just non-stop busy for most of this month. As was previously posted, I started out the month with an amazing concert by Macklemore and the month definitely stayed up to par. After finally getting home from a week of traveling and experiencing the wonders of Europe, I arrived home with the awful realization that I had school in the morning. Lucky for me, I only had school for about 3 days before I was off on Autumn break, along with the rest of the Danish population. It's nice that every year they have their breaks on the same weeks, for the entire country. I think America could take some pointers from the Danish school system.

To start off the break, my friends Alex, Abby, Laura (all exchangers) and I went out to Alex's host family's summer house. We danced, we sang, we watched movies, and we ate junk food; in my opinion it was the perfect girlie sleepover to start off the break. Here are some pictures of us dancing, courtesy of Alex, who wielded the camera like a pro.

After saying some sad goodbyes to an amazing few days, I was off to Copenhagen again to spend time with the Damøs. We relaxed and enjoyed the city for the weekend. On Sunday, Emilie and I headed to Præstø, which is in Southern Zealand, to be with her grandparents. For the next two days I saw the beautiful sites of Southern Zealand. These sites legitimately looked like scenes from the movies.

I cans say that I bonded with Emilie's grandparents and I'll admit that I already miss them and can't wait until I get to see them again. But sadly, I had to head back to the city and meet up with my friend Larissa. We had a very relaxed day, enjoying some cafes and being tourists. It was very hyggeligt (Danish phenomenon that is very difficult to explain, the closest translation is "cozy". I'll have to take time to explain this in another post).

I finished off the break with the Damøs, in their summer house. We enjoyed the weather, had some laughs, and enjoyed each others company. Break ended that Sunday as I had to return to Give and to school, but no worries, I was getting ready to head off to a costume party in Frediricia that Friday.

The party was fun and I met some awesome new Danes who had the same love of Halloween as I do.

All in all, it was a good couple of weeks, filled with laughs and good food. This up coming weekend I will be going to a Rotary get-together with al of the other exchangers in Denmark. Needless to say, I am very excited and can't wait to tell you about the crazy shenanigans we get up to!

Vi ses!

P.S. I will have a post with pictures up soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment