Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Time Flies

So yesterday was the day that officially marked my three month anniversary in Denmark. I can't believe that I have endured three months in this country full of crazily wonderful people. They have introduced me to amazing things, like the comforting powers of tea and candles (literally everywhere, it is a fire hazard). I have learned to love this adorable little country, more than I ever thought I would. In my opinion, it feels like time is speeding by at a speed of 120 mi/hr. I guess that happens when you try to enjoy every moment you can, and when you purposefully try to take things slow to enjoy the experience. When you decide to stop waiting for something in the future and take advantage of the present, the future gets jealous and swoops in faster than you expected.

The realization that my time here was passing hit me when I was sent an email giving me instructions for booking my return date. When I saw that email, I stared at the computer in shock, thinking Why on Earth am I doing this now? I have eight months left! With these thoughts, I decided to take a look into my calendar to count it out, and what I found was that I had roughly three weeks left with my current host family, and less than two months until Christmas.

See, I feel like it has been barely a month since I have arrived in this charming country, but at the same time, I feel like I have lived here for two years. I feel at home and away from home at the same time, and it is a strange feeling to have. Now, i have less than two weeks before I move on to live with my second host family, and as sad and nervous as I am about leaving the comfort that I have acquired, I am ready to face this challenge. I am excited to learn another way of living, and I look forward to spending time with my new family. I will always love the Damøs, and will always cherish my time living with them, but I realize that it is time for me to take that next step and experience a new lifestyle.

So I think that that is enough sappiness for me, I get any deeper or more emotional and I'll end up being a puddle of tears, which would be really bad since I'm sitting in my physics class right now (by the way, danish physics=impossible). I promise to be a better blogger, especially now that life is calming down for me. Until next time!

Vi Ses!

No comments:

Post a Comment