Thursday, November 21, 2013

Danes and Snow

Today was a monumental day, it snowed today!!! Whenever this happens back in the mitten, I am excited and everyone around me is happy and cheery and full of winter-wonderland spirit. But not here. Nope. Danes hate the snow. All of my classmates and teachers are complaining and cursing the snow. I walk into to class, all happy and rosy cheeked from the cold and then I see my classmates. All staring out the window swearing under their breath and looking all grumpy. When I ask why everyone is so upset, they say because of the f**king snow. I really don't understand the hatred on snow here. Everything is even more gorgeous (didn't think this was possible), and it feels more normal to be snuggled up at 4:00 in the afternoon by a fire while its dark outside.

Meanwhile, when I see all of the South American exchangers, they come running up to me speaking rapid Spanglish and screaming about the snow. This is a little more excitement than I was expecting, but I welcome it. Especially considering none of them have ever seen snow before.

I know this is an extremely short post and isn't about anything particularly important, but I just felt the need to express my feelings about proper reactions to snow on the interweb. If someone has a problem with my expression, well tough nuggets, deal with it. I'll be sure to update everyone about my move and tell about my new host family soon.

Vi Ses!

No comments:

Post a Comment