Monday, November 25, 2013

Moved In!

Hey everyone!

So I just wanted to tell everyone that I am safely moved in and loving my new house. The best thing about it? The shower. Yes, the shower is a normal shower with a shower curtain and a raised ledge, so there is no water spraying all over the place or any of the awful squiggying that I used to have to do. No more getting the entire bathroom wet when I shower or letting in the freezing cold air when I shower. This shower with it's lovely shower curtain is a proper shower, a shower that traps all of the steam and stays all toasty warm and heavenly. Needless to say, I appreciate this very much, but that is enough ranting about showers.

Another really awesome thing that my new family has is chickens!!! My host dad keeps chickens and every morning walks out to the chicken coup in the freezing cold to take care of his adorable little chickens. The result of this is an endless supply of fresh eggs which are delicious and lovely. Although I will miss my little trips to the little egg vending machine that the local organic chicken coup has, I like being able to walk downstair and have a fresh egg for breakfast. 

Other than the chickens and the shower, my house is pretty much the same as before. Everything is designed to be functional and cozy at the same time, and luckily for me. Both of my host families have lived abroad and have embraced the large American leather couch idea. Also, they know what I am feeling. Everywhere I go in Give I feel welcome and in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am so grateful to have the honor of meeting the people I have met. I miss my old host family, and I will stay in touch with them for the rest of my life, but I look forward to getting to know my new host family. We already have a lot of plans and it is clear that they intend to keep me busy over the holiday season. 

So for now, that's all that has been happening over here in the land of the Vikings. So I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and ask that everyone eats a lot of turkey and pie for me. Until next time!

Vi Ses!

No comments:

Post a Comment